SNIPEF is pleased to bring you a workshop focussed on commercial and contractual issues and intended to assist business owners to protect their cash flow. SNIPEF members are offered places at a special discounted rate of £35.00 (including admin fee).
The workshop will cover:
- amendments to standard contracts, what to look out for
- payment mechanisms, how they operate, what is the due date and the final date for payment
- recommendations in relation to your applications for payment, schedule of dates
- what to do if you do not get paid the amount due and on time
- collecting retentions
- termination clauses to look out for
- how to deal with variations
- problems associated with Contractor Design Portion contracts
- getting your final accounts agreed
- how the adjudication process operates and how to maximise your chances of success
- what are Project Bank Accounts
- problem case studies
- interactive sessions – discuss issues that you have experienced recently
The workshop will run twice on Friday 29th September; beginning at 9.30 am or 1.30 pm. Lunch will be available for all participants from 12.30 pm.
Places are limited so please book early if you would like to attend.
Len Bunton FRICS FCIArb Hon FRIAS
Len acts as a contractual adviser to a number of contracting organisations and is also a very experienced adjudicator and arbitrator.
Angus Pearson FRICS FCIArb
Angus acts for a number of contractors and subcontractors throughout United Kingdom, providing contractual advice and also assists clients with the preparation and defence of claims in adjudication. The presenters will provide a PowerPoint presentation which will be made available to all delegates on conclusion.